noun(usually the status quo rate)
- The previously existing state of affairs.More example sentences
- On the other hand the status quo ante the Oslo Accords is looking pretty good now.
- It's contemplated on the basis of principles that will not allow a return to the status quo ante.
- If the refusal to bargain also includes unilateral action by the employer, the remedy usually includes restoration of the status quo ante and the employees are made whole for the loss of any benefits.
Latin, literally 'the state in which before'.
More definitions of status quo anteDefinition of status quo ante in:
- The British & World English dictionary