- A possession that is taken to indicate a person’s wealth or high social or professional status.More example sentences
- Llanelly House was at the cutting edge of architectural design when it was built in 1714 and an impressive status symbol of power and wealth for the tiny fishing town.
- It was a status symbol of wealth and dignity to own a Shih Tzu.
- To Edinburgh it's a status symbol, marking it as a player in the consumer world.
More definitions of status symbolDefinition of status symbol in:
- The British & World English dictionary