- A government or executive order of subordinate legislation.More example sentences
- The scheme would operate by means of a parent statute with statutory instruments applying the general provisions of the statute to particular dangerous things and activities set out in a list.
- The statute is not to be construed by reference to the statutory instrument made under it.
- The Rules, which govern the procedure of the Tribunal, are contained in a statutory instrument made pursuant to the power contained in section 46 of the Act.
More definitions of statutory instrumentDefinition of statutory instrument in:
- The British & World English dictionary