Definition of steam bath in English:
1A room that is filled with hot steam for the purpose of cleaning and refreshing the body and for relaxation.
- What is fantastic about this health club is the placement of the sauna, Turkish steam bath, jacuzzi and showers all around the beautifully appointed relaxation room.
- We also added a sauna, a steam bath and double shower, and a sports-equipment storage room.
- The massage and Ayurveda centre has a steam bath, a Jacuzzi and, most importantly oil massages - all useful in de-stressing and relaxing.
1.1A session in a steam bath.
- In the morning, there's a sightseeing tour and the afternoon is free for haggling at the stalls or relaxing in a hammam steam bath.
- When you take a 20-minute sauna or steam bath, your body temperature rises to about 104 degrees, and you sweat out one pound of water.
- These are self-applied and absorbed into the skin via a eucalyptus oil-infused steam bath, then washed off with warm ‘rain’ which falls from nozzles in the ceiling.
Definition of steam bath in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan