- A percussion instrument originating in Trinidad, made out of an oil drum with one end beaten down and divided by grooves into sections to give different notes. Also called pan1 (especially by players).More example sentences
- Another aspect of Carnival in St Lucia is the steel pan, which originated in Trinidad.
- As musical instruments go, the steel pan is a young creature.
- The real key is the pedal steel guitar, clarinet and particularly the chiming steel pan that constitute the focal instruments.
More definitions of steel drumDefinition of steel drum in:
- The British & World English dictionary