- 1The action of steering a vehicle, vessel, or aircraft.More example sentences
- In some models the driver can switch to a sport set-up that not only regulates the drive performance, but also speeds up throttle pedal response and ensures steering is responsive.
- On trips, which varied from motorways to city roundabouts, I found it handled beautifully and steering was effortless.
- I noticed that my steering was pulling to one side.
- 1.1The mechanism in a vehicle, vessel, or aircraft that makes it possible to steer it in different directions.More example sentences
- The only problem is that cars without a mechanical connection for steering are banned under EU regulations.
- The electronic servo steering is exact, direct and adjusts itself according to speed of travel.
- Only some feral instinct keeps you pumping the brake pedal and steering into the skid, so that you slide instead of spin.
More definitions of steeringDefinition of steering in:
- The British & World English dictionary