Definition of steering in English:
1The action of steering a vehicle, vessel, or aircraft.
- In some models the driver can switch to a sport set-up that not only regulates the drive performance, but also speeds up throttle pedal response and ensures steering is responsive.
- On trips, which varied from motorways to city roundabouts, I found it handled beautifully and steering was effortless.
- I noticed that my steering was pulling to one side.
1.1The mechanism in a vehicle, vessel, or aircraft that makes it possible to steer it in different directions.
- The only problem is that cars without a mechanical connection for steering are banned under EU regulations.
- The electronic servo steering is exact, direct and adjusts itself according to speed of travel.
- Only some feral instinct keeps you pumping the brake pedal and steering into the skid, so that you slide instead of spin.
Definition of steering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan