Definition of stellate in English:
Arranged in a radiating pattern like that of a star.
- It is composed of 3 components: fibrous septa, mature fat, and small, primitive stellate and spindle-shaped cells.
- Additionally, there are no central epithelial cells resembling stellate reticulum.
- The corresponding tissue biopsies showed proliferation of pleomorphic, round to oval, and stellate cells infiltrating the bladder wall and covered by intact urothelium.
mid 17th century: from Latin stellatus, from stella 'star'.
- Example sentences
- The other four were not known to the Greeks, and are sometimes known as the stellated regular polyhedra.
- The small stellated dodecahedron is simply 12 stars, called pentagrams, intersected in a special way.
- More precisely stellated polyhedron faces are formed by interpenetrated stellated polygons (polygrams).
Definition of stellate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan