- (Of an organism) able to tolerate only a small range of temperature. Often contrasted with eurythermal.More example sentences
- However, the thermal range over which ABT was modified was typically wider for more eurythermal species than for stenothermal species (compare green and pinto abalones).
- Aquaculture in Poland is based on breeding freshwater stenothermal or non-stenothermal fish in fish ponds located throughout the country.
- There is also a group of distinctive foraminifera more or less confined to the zone of the Tethys and thought to be a stenothermal tropical group.
late 19th century: from Greek stenos 'narrow' + thermal.
More definitions of stenothermalDefinition of stenothermal in:
- The British & World English dictionary