nounMathematics & Electronics
- A function that increases or decreases abruptly from one constant value to another.More example sentences
- Different treatments have considered a quadratic function, an exponential quadratic function, or a step function.
- It is advisable to represent the S function as a step function.
- For a function as elementary as this, a simple step function can be used.
More definitions of step functionDefinition of step function in:
- The British & World English dictionary