Definition of stephanotis in English:
A Madagascan climbing plant that is cultivated for its fragrant waxy white flowers.
- Genus Stephanotis, family Asclepiadaceae
- Lady Tamara carried a bouquet of garden roses in white and pale cream, white jasmine stephanotis and lily of the valley with myrtle leaves.
- Other flowers that work well include stephanotis, tulips and orchids.
- The all-white bouquet was made up of orchids and lilies-of-the-valley from England, stephanotis from Scotland and carnations from Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, with additional orchids from Wales.
Definition of stephanotis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan