Definition of stereo in English:
noun (plural stereos)
1Sound that is directed through two or more speakers so that it seems to surround the listener and to come from more than one source; stereophonic sound.
- Audio is unimpressive stereo, sounding a bit muffled and hollow.
- That fine picture may also be accompanied by stunning surround-sound stereo.
- Sound is early stereo - okay, but nothing to write home about.
1.1A sound system, typically including a CD, tape, or record player, that has two or more speakers and produces stereo sound.
- Portable stereos were blasting and beers being downed as people milled around watching the artists at work.
- When you steal my car stereo, I can no longer enjoy it.
- You would also think that making it legal to steal car stereos would maximize the amount of theft.
adjectiveBack to top
1 short for stereophonic. stereo equipment stereo sound
More example sentences
- The room wasn't built for a huge entertainment center with surround sound and stereo equipment.
- The audio comes in a stereo mix, which sounds fairly hollow.
- Two stereo surround sound mixes, both in English, are offered here.