Definition of stereoselective in English:
Another term for stereospecific.
- Any chemical reaction that yields predominantly one stereoisomer out of several stereoisomer possibilities is said to be a stereoselective reaction.
- Such a development might be useful in stereoselective catalytic syntheses.
- Our researchers developed a stereoselective synthesis technique and found that although the four enantiomers all taste similar, they have very different odour thresholds.
- Example sentences
- This last is appealing in as much as it offers improved yields, but suffers from a low degree of stereoselectivity.
- The aim of this work is to study the stereoselectivity of the acyl chain binding site of the enzyme for four diastereomers of an inhibitor.
- The active transport of peptides is distinct and independent of amino acid transport and displays high stereoselectivity for peptide bonds and L-amino acid residues but low specificity with respect to amino acid side-chains.
Definition of stereoselective in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan