- Any of a group of naturally occurring unsaturated steroid alcohols, typically waxy solids.More example sentences
- Classically, endocrine hormones are considered to be derived from amino acids, peptides, or sterols and to act at sites distant from their tissue of origin.
- Though these species are in the majority, in reality, biomembranes are quite complex mixtures of not only these simple lipids, but also of proteins and sterols.
- Milk is composed of more than 12 different types of fat, including sphingolipids, free sterols, cholesterol, and oleic acid.
More definitions of sterolDefinition of sterol in:
- The British & World English dictionary