- A composite herb native to South America (Genus Stevia, especially S. rebaudiana, native to Paraguay) whose leaves are the source of a noncaloric sweetener.More example sentences
- A small, green plant, native to Paraguay, stevia's leaves have a nectar-like taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar, depending upon the quality of the leaf.
- To sweeten foods and beverages, Nelson suggests using the natural, calorie-free herb stevia.
- Stevia comes directly from the stevia that is grown and used in South America, most notably in Brazil and Paraguay as well as many other countries including Japan.
from modern Latin Stevia, from the name of the 16th-century Spanish botanist Pedro Jaime Esteve.
More definitions of steviaDefinition of stevia in:
- The British & World English dictionary