nounNorth American • informal
- Shock or dismay experienced by the potential buyers of a particular product on discovering its high or increased price: drugstore consumers are feeling the pain of sticker shock as never beforeMore example sentences
- These are the ‘staged’ homes, interior decorated for a faux family to create a warm feeling for prospective buyers facing sticker shock.
- Did the asking price send you into sticker shock?
- My friend went into sticker shock at the price of weekend evening shows - $12.50.
More definitions of sticker shockDefinition of sticker shock in:
- The British & World English dictionary