Definition of stickhandle in English:
verb[no object] (as noun stickhandling)
(In hockey and other games) control the puck or ball with one’s stick.
- Naturally gifted as far as stick-handling and maneuvering, he is a young guy that will continue to get better.
- Some of the things he does while stick-handling and passing just make people look silly.
- He makes good decisions with the puck, whether he's shooting, passing or stick-handling.
- Example sentences
- I think that Ron Hextall deserves some consideration for the honor, as he was the first excellent stickhandler and the first goalie to score a goal.
- He's a strong skater and good stickhandler who has good hockey sense.
- A new artificial turf field currently under construction in the district that will boost playing time for local stickhandlers is expected to be completed by the fall.
Definition of stickhandle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.