Definition of stickseed in English:
A plant of the borage family that bears small barbed seeds.
- Genera Hackelia and Lappula, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular H. floribunda, which resembles a forget-me-not
- Several nonnative noxious weeds have invaded stickseed habitat and threaten to out-compete the stickseed for the available nutrients.
- The fruits of the showy stickseed are spurred and covered with stout hairs that cling to the hair and bodies of animal.
- The primary reason for not designating critical habitat for showy stickseed is because the species has been repeatedly collected for many decades.
Definition of stickseed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan