- A unit of luminance equal to one candela per square centimeter.More example sentences
- The names, phot and stilb were likewise coined by Blondel and are in general use on the Continent.
- A mercury arc lamp of 200 watts having a brightness of more than 5000 stilbs was chosen in the afore-described actual embodiment because it was the only suitable commercial lamp readily available.
- Use the following calculator to convert between stilbs and millilamberts.
1940s: from French, from Greek stilbein 'to glitter'.
More definitions of stilbDefinition of stilb in:
- The British & World English dictionary