chiefly North American
verb[no object] (often as noun still-hunting)
- Hunt game stealthily; stalk.More example sentences
- So is a climbing stand, still-hunting or simply scrunching up next to a rock on the side of a hill and watching a canyon.
- But most North American hunting is done by other methods such as using tree stands or blinds, driving, calling or still-hunting.
- I still-hunted, creeping along slowly like I always do when after whitetails.
noun(still hunt) Back to top
- A stealthy hunt for game.More example sentences
- But to me, the still hunt is one of the most productive techniques in terms of getting close to animals and seeing what is going on in the natural world.
More definitions of still-huntDefinition of still-hunt in:
- The British & World English dictionary