Definition of stingaree in English:
1A cinnamon-brown stingray occurring on sand flats in shallow Australian waters.
- Urolophus testaceus, family Urolophidae
- Once sexually mature, stingarees have only one litter per year, usually bearing two to four young.
- This site is shallow but very interesting with many stingarees, globefish, flathead, velvetfish and salmon.
- At least six species of stingarees are known to live along the New South Wales coast.
Mid 19th century: alteration of stingray.
Definition of stingaree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.