Definition of stink bug in English:
A broad shield-shaped bug that is typically brightly colored or boldly marked. It emits a foul smell when handled or molested.
- Pentatomidae and other families, suborder Heteroptera
- Female egg guarding occurs in a wide variety of insects, including lace bugs, stink bugs, cockroaches, and treehoppers.
- Using percent frequency data, they found that beetles, stink bugs, froghoppers (Homoptera: Cercopidae), and moths all occurred in > 20% of the stomachs of 21 bats.
- Individual costumes included the stink bug, praying mantis, dragonfly, grubworm, horsefly, gypsy moth, boll weevil, yellow jacket, monarch butterfly, two mean bugs and a nice bug as well as the ever popular maggot.
Definition of stink bug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.