Definition of stink bug in English:
A broad shield-shaped bug that is typically brightly colored or boldly marked. It emits a foul smell when handled or molested.
- Pentatomidae and other families, suborder Heteroptera
- Female egg guarding occurs in a wide variety of insects, including lace bugs, stink bugs, cockroaches, and treehoppers.
- Using percent frequency data, they found that beetles, stink bugs, froghoppers (Homoptera: Cercopidae), and moths all occurred in > 20% of the stomachs of 21 bats.
- Individual costumes included the stink bug, praying mantis, dragonfly, grubworm, horsefly, gypsy moth, boll weevil, yellow jacket, monarch butterfly, two mean bugs and a nice bug as well as the ever popular maggot.
Definition of stink bug in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia