Definition of stock car in English:
1An ordinary car that has been modified for racing.
- He soon began drag racing at local tracks and competing in oval-track stock-car events.
- For Montreal motorists and taxi commuters, it's like a miniature stock-car race on a city street.
- The stock-car races slide across the compass, lurch with a crunch and glass breaking up against the end of the street, burglars are picked out in light on the doorsteps, even primroses glow, and the wing cases of dazed beetles.
2North American A railroad car for transporting livestock.
- Surrounding the depot on the former Silverton house tracks is a large assortment of D&RGW rolling stock, including stock cars, box cars and a veritable fleet of drop-bottom gons.
- Annual report statistics failed to identify fully all forms of livestock being shipped in stock cars.
- More hay was part of this hospitality, and a horse and cart distributed supplies up and down the galleries alongside these stock cars.
Definition of stock car in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.