- 1A soft, loosely knitted stretch fabric, formerly used for making underwear and now used for cleaning, wrapping, or bandaging.More example sentences
- Bivalve the cast including all layers of cotton, stockinet, etc. and wrap with ACE wrap.
- Team members spend extra time during draping to ensure each step of the procedure will not be hampered or limited by awkward placement of the drapes, stockinet, suction tip and tubing, and the ESU pencil.
- Hanging in the back porch are the sensory results - smoked ham, bacon and Polish sausage, all covered in stockinette, cheese cloth or muslin.
- 2 (also stockinette stitch) A knitting stitch consisting of alternate rows of knit (plain) and purl stitch.More example sentences
- Use an 11-stitch cable with 2 reverse stockinettes and a rib on either side and then 4 stitches of garter stitch.
- I used a stockinette stitch with a twist of double rib and a pretty gusset stitch in super soft 4 ply.
- I'm thinking that my square will be a simple garter stitch with the word ‘love’ in stockinette.
late 18th century: probably an alteration of stocking-net.
More definitions of stockinetteDefinition of stockinette in:
- The British & World English dictionary