Definition of stoical in English:
Enduring pain and hardship without showing one’s feelings or complaining: he taught a stoical acceptance of suffering
More example sentences
- Concerning women's stoical endurance of pain during childbirth, she found that the expectation was not restricted to just the hospital situation.
- I don't tell this story to boast of my skills as a stalker or hide builder or to show my stoical ability to endure hours without moving in the pursuit of wildlife.
- While we would rather see the enemy be the one to ‘die for his country’ we realize what sacrifices we may be called to make and take a stoical acceptance of our fate.
- Example sentences
- She bore it stoically and quietly, cut expenses to ease his financial worries, and made sure no one outside the family found out.
- I bore a deep respect for him and he seemed appreciative of my craft, stoically waiting whenever I stopped to take notes.
- He would have liked her to stoically pick herself up and continue the task of bringing up the children without letting the tragedy impact their future.
Words that rhyme with stoicalvehicle • cubicle • radical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.