Definition of stoichiometric in English:
1Of or relating to stoichiometry.
- Biosynthesis of NO involves oxidation of the guanidine group of arginine with stoichiometric formation of citrulline by the enzyme nitric oxide synthase.
- The chemical equations and mechanisms commonplace to stoichiometric chemistry describe only the overall reactions, they do not specify the molecular transformations that place between colliding molecules.
- It also reacts as a stoichiometric scavenger with organophosphates, thus having the capacity to provide prophylactic protection against highly toxic chemical warfare nerve agents, such as soman and VX.
1.1Relating to or denoting quantities of reactants in simple integral ratios, as prescribed by an equation or formula.
- The concentration of actin is fixed at 11.9 M, and the amount of scruin is varied to achieve the desired stoichiometric ratio.
- It should also be noted that upon further addition of either reactant beyond the stoichiometric maximum, the complexes/aggregates are brought back into solution.
- All products were formed in stoichiometric amounts and were accompanied by the consumption of a stoichiometric amount of substrate.
- Example sentences
- Pchlide was predominantly under the nonphotoactive state during the first 4 days; and the fast accumulation phase, both types of Pchl accumulated almost stoichiometrically (Fig. lB).
- At low TrpH concentration and high oxygen concentration, the reaction of singlet oxygen with TrpH stoichiometrically produces N-formylkynurenine as a single photoproduct.
- This reaction is catalysed by the enzyme MPT synthase, a heterotetrameric complex of two small and two large subunits, that stoichiometrically converts precursor Z into MPT.
Definition of stoichiometric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.