- A syringe attached to a long tube, used for extracting the contents of a person’s stomach (for example, if they have swallowed poison).More example sentences
- An eccentric hotel owner is becoming the Basil Fawlty of the Peak District after publicly describing his hotel as ‘dingy’ and recommending that guests who dine there bring a stomach pump.
- She drank steadily from the 1940s, when she was married to a film director, their daughter Liza being the only child who carried her own stomach pump to the studio in case her mother needed assistance.
- The alarm had gone off a few minutes earlier, having the misfortune to be occurring at the same moment when a patient that had OD-ed on alcohol had been wheeled to the stomach pump.
More definitions of stomach pumpDefinition of stomach pump in:
- The British & World English dictionary