- 1Promoting the appetite or assisting digestion.More example sentences
- A few medicinal properties of spices such as tonic, carminative, stomachic, diuretic, and antispasmodic have long been recognized.
- The seeds are valued medicinally for their diuretic, demulcent and stomachic properties.
- The juice is good for promoting digestion and all parts have stomachic properties, which can be augmented with small amounts of cinnamon and cloves.
- 1.1Of or relating to the stomach.More example sentences
- Their medicinal properties are similar, both helping digestion in stomachic weakness.
- Another, with a more gradual deterioration of function, becomes a victim to nearly similar changes, with distressing stomachic pain, and unquenchable thirst; and he sinks, delirious under yellow fever.
nounBack to top
- A medicine or tonic that promotes the appetite or assists digestion.More example sentences
- The use of the herb checks the head and eyes, like the leaves; hence the root should be accounted among the best stomachics.
- It is one of the earliest medicinal herbs known in Europe, widely regarded as one of the best stomachics for young children.
- Toxicity and side effects may be ameliorated if the drug is taken with green tea, diuretics, or stomachics.
More definitions of stomachicDefinition of stomachic in:
- The British & World English dictionary