- Relating to or connected with the mouth and stomach, particularly denoting a system of visceral nerves in invertebrates.More example sentences
- Shortterm adjustments of the stomatogastric ganglion motor neurons by neural inputs, peptides, and other neuromodulators are well documented.
- This review will highlight recent NO research in decapod crustaceans, with an emphasis on the stomatogastric ganglion and NO's role in the specification of rhythmic motor networks.
- Crustacean motor circuits, including the stomatogastric nervous system, the cardiac ganglion, and the abdominal neurons involved in escape reflexes, have been studied extensively for several decades.
mid 19th century: from Greek stoma, stomat- 'mouth' + gastric.
More definitions of stomatogastricDefinition of stomatogastric in:
- The British & World English dictionary