Definition of stone marten in English:
A Eurasian marten that has chocolate-brown fur with a white throat. Also called beech marten.
- Martes foina, family Mustelidae
- Weather and punishing terrain restricted our movements much beyond Tahawndam, but we had already found three large mammal species not previously known to live in Myanmar: blue sheep, black muntjac (barking deer), and stone marten.
- In both Europe and Australia, bat lyssaviruses seem to be maintained only in indigenous bat populations, although European bat lyssavirus has been detected in a few sheep and in a stone marten, which is an arboreal mammal.
- The stone marten is native on the Adriatic islands, and the small Indian civet has been introduced to Ngazidja.
Definition of stone marten in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan