Definition of stonecrop in English:
A small fleshy-leaved plant that typically has star-shaped yellow or white flowers and grows among rocks or on walls.
- Genus Sedum, family Crassulaceae: many species, including the mossy stonecrop (S. acre), whose tiny, thick leaves have a bitter, peppery taste
- Both maidens repose on a crumbled wall; yet saxifrage, stonecrop and spring flowers sprout from the rubble.
- His firm will plant the Academy roof with wild strawberry, sea thrift, the herb self-heal and stonecrop, a sedum that attracts the endangered Mission Blue Butterfly.
- He was referring to S. reflexum, the yellow stonecrop, which in some places shares the name ‘creeping Jenny’ with S. acre, more commonly known as wall-pepper or golden stonecrop.
Definition of stonecrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.