Definition of stonecrop in English:
A small fleshy-leaved plant that typically has star-shaped yellow or white flowers and grows among rocks or on walls.
- Genus Sedum, family Crassulaceae: many species, including the mossy stonecrop (S. acre), whose tiny, thick leaves have a bitter, peppery taste
- Both maidens repose on a crumbled wall; yet saxifrage, stonecrop and spring flowers sprout from the rubble.
- His firm will plant the Academy roof with wild strawberry, sea thrift, the herb self-heal and stonecrop, a sedum that attracts the endangered Mission Blue Butterfly.
- He was referring to S. reflexum, the yellow stonecrop, which in some places shares the name ‘creeping Jenny’ with S. acre, more commonly known as wall-pepper or golden stonecrop.
Words that rhyme with stonecropturboprop • dewdrop
Definition of stonecrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan