- A type of pottery that is impermeable and partly vitrified but opaque.More example sentences
- This was a school that looked to the ceramics of Picasso rather than the functional stoneware pottery of Bernard Leach.
- According to material, methods of production, and finish, pottery can be classified in three categories - earthenware, stoneware, and porcelain.
- Unlike tin-glazed earthenware, white salt-glazed stoneware was ideally suited to slip casting and press molding into intricate shapes, and plaster of Paris greatly facilitated these processes.
More definitions of stonewareDefinition of stoneware in:
- The British & World English dictionary