- A rising of the sea as a result of atmospheric pressure changes and wind associated with a storm.More example sentences
- A storm surge at high tide destroyed the dukes and killed more than 1800 people.
- My mother insists the storm was so fierce a tidal wave came ashore, not just a storm surge.
- We're going to have to deal with the storm surge, the wind and the rainfall throughout this event.
More definitions of storm surgeDefinition of storm surge in:
- The British & World English dictionary