- Prevented by storms from starting or continuing a journey.More example sentences
- The wind is 35 knots or more, the hail is coming down in skull-crushing showers, we're stormbound, no-one knows when the ferries will be able to run again, and the electricity is on and off.
- The polar opposite is four unshaven, unwashed guys stormbound for the third day in a two-man tent on a ledge at 26,000 feet, wondering why they didn't take up golf instead.
- He was a judge, and seems to have written the book while stormbound in Norway; but he thought it unsuitable for a cookery book to be presented as the work of a man.
More definitions of stormboundDefinition of stormbound in:
- The British & World English dictionary