- Attack repeatedly with bombs or machine-gun fire from low-flying aircraft: military aircraft strafed the villageMore example sentences
- Then the village is burned to the ground as those trying to escape are bombed and strafed by aircraft.
- Unopposed for much of the raid, they dive bombed ordinary streets, strafing them with machine gun fire.
- Several enemy aircraft were strafed and destroyed and airfield buildings were attacked.
nounBack to top
- An attack from low-flying aircraft.More example sentences
- Remember that a well-placed strafe will chew up an airplane on the ground.
early 20th century: humorous adaptation of the German World War I catchphrase Gott strafe England 'may God punish England'.