Definition of stratiform in English:
1Arranged in layers: stratiform clouds
More example sentences
- The outlines of stratiform clouds are less distinct and often merge into layers with only slight vertical features.
- Richard Lindzen quoted it as being the effect of water vapour and stratiform clouds alone.
- We added three sets of broadband solar radiometers mounted on an aircraft, which was flown over the site and above stratiform clouds at an altitude of 7 km.
1.1 Geology (Of a mineral deposit) formed parallel to the bedding planes of the surrounding rock.
- Syngenetic mineralization commonly occurs as beds that lie conformably within the layers of the host rocks and hence are called stratiform deposits.
- For example, layered intrusions are subdivided into stratiform and contact deposits, with the stratiform deposits further subdivided into chromite and sulphide-associated deposits.
- The Lake Superior portion of the rift system is host to the world-class native-copper deposits of the Keweenaw Peninsula and the sediment-hosted stratiform copper sulfide deposit at the White Pine mine.
Definition of stratiform in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan