- Cloud forming a low layer of clumped or broken gray masses.More example sentences
- In summer, Arctic Ocean packice cover is incomplete and heavily puddled, which maintains a constant layer of stratus and stratocumulus cloud cover.
- It is characterized by a sky covered by a layer of stratus or stratocumulus which tends to persist because of the weak atmospheric circulation.
- If this is so, any cumulus which does form during the daytime will quickly stop growing and spread into a layer of stratocumulus and then disperse when night comes.
More definitions of stratocumulusDefinition of stratocumulus in:
- The British & World English dictionary