A small evergreen European tree of the heath family that bears clusters of whitish flowers late in the year, often at the same time as the strawberrylike fruit from the previous season’s flowers.
- Arbutus unedo, family Ericaceae
More example sentences
- There are maples with beautiful barks, scarlet willow, the Killarney strawberry tree, hellebores, sweetly scented Lonicera and Viburnum and dense thickets of crimson and yellow dogwoods.
- Other hedge plants for backyard retreats include Mexican orange, Pacific wax myrtle, Pittosporum tobira, and strawberry tree.
- But the judicious placement of plants - a strawberry tree in the planter and several liquidambars screening a corner - makes the space surprisingly private.
Definition of strawberry tree in:
- The British & World English dictionary