Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of street entertainer in English:
A person who entertains the public in the street, especially with music, acting, or juggling.
- Among them is Robert Stredder, a street entertainer and performance artist.
- I have had to work as a street entertainer in Blackburn, and at all the festivals, to get some recognition.
- It is to make the distinction, he says, between somebody like himself who is a bona-fide musician, and those who think because they can squeeze an out-of-tune note out of a penny whistle it makes them a street entertainer.
street entertainment noun
- Example sentences
- Free events including professional performances of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, street entertainment and Settle's first farmers' market take place in the town this weekend.
- Visitors will be able to enjoy themed market stalls, craft demonstrations, interactive workshops and strolling street entertainment.
- There will be music from calypso to barbershop, street entertainment from cheerleader displays to circus skills workshops, and a host of other excitement.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.