Definition of streusel in English:
1A crumbly topping or filling made from fat, flour, sugar, and often cinnamon.
- Apple Crumble consists of brown sugar ice cream with cinnamon streusel, apples and a caramel swirl.
- Topped with the perfect amount of cinnamon streusel crunch, this will leave you speechless!
- The actual streusel goes in the center of the plate, with more fresh blueberries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and an artful drizzle of blueberry sauce.
1.1A cake or pastry with a streusel topping.
- I quickly assemble a rum cake, a plate of vanilla ice cream and a streusel.
- For the chocolate streusel: Preheat oven to 310 degrees.
- At the top, the reward for both athletes and mere mortals is a piece of one of Sue King's pies-especially her fruit ones: rhubarb, peach, boysenberry, pear with cheddar streusel, and Dutch apple.
from German Streusel, from streuen 'sprinkle'.
Definition of streusel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan