1A rod used to level off a heaped measure.
- This last application of the strickle was used to accurately delineate decorative bands on the piece, as well as to locate the position of the trunnions.
- Rotating the strickle around the mould ensures that it is circular.
- Among the necessary tools for their construction, we can mention as basic, a bench drill machine or manual, strickles, wrenches and as accessory instruments males and wicks of different caliber.
2A whetting tool.
- In 1885 Alfred Lawson purchased the Redenhall foundry but apparently he did not use any of its strickles or stamps.
- Many cutting tools were sharpened with strickles or whetstones.
- The sides of the strickle are smeared with grease upon which fine gritty sand is sprinkled freely; nothing gives a better edge to a scythe than this.
Words that rhyme with stricklechicle, fickle, mickle, nickel, pickle, prickle, sickle, tickle, trickle
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of strickle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.