- An area over home plate extending approximately from the armpits to the knees of a batter when in the batting position. The ball must be pitched through this area in order for a strike to be called.More example sentences
- Most of the time, the ball comes in below the strike zone, but it's thrown so hard the batter has no chance to adjust.
- Like the strike zone in baseball, right of way can vary slightly depending on which referee you have.
- Perez starts mapping the plate with his hands and an imaginary strike zone.
More definitions of strike zoneDefinition of strike zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary