Definition of striped hyena in English:
A hyena with numerous black stripes on the body and legs, living in steppe and desert areas from northeastern Africa to India.
- Hyaena hyaena, family Hyaenidae
- Unlike their cousins the spotted hyenas, the striped hyenas (classified Hyaena hyaena) in the wild, forage during night hours.
- Many larger mammals such as giraffes, striped hyenas, western kob, bushbuck and sitatunga are now considered extinct in the area around the lake.
- The one-horned rhinoceros and striped hyenas are just some of the 1,200 animals to look out for at this award winning attraction.
Definition of striped hyena in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.