Definition of striped hyena in English:
A hyena with numerous black stripes on the body and legs, living in steppe and desert areas from northeastern Africa to India.
- Hyaena hyaena, family Hyaenidae
- Unlike their cousins the spotted hyenas, the striped hyenas (classified Hyaena hyaena) in the wild, forage during night hours.
- Many larger mammals such as giraffes, striped hyenas, western kob, bushbuck and sitatunga are now considered extinct in the area around the lake.
- The one-horned rhinoceros and striped hyenas are just some of the 1,200 animals to look out for at this award winning attraction.
Definition of striped hyena in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan