- A compact North American maple with large leaves and vertically striped bark. Also called moosewood (so named because moose often feed on the bark during severe winters).
More example sentences
- Acer pennsylvanicum, family Aceraceae
- The third association, with little groundcover, occurs on a relatively steep north-facing slope that is distinguished by canopy chestnut oak and subcanopy striped maple.
- Because of their minor combined relative importance, white pine and striped maple were excluded from the DCA ordination.
- Of secondary importance are green ash and striped maple.