1Irregular movement and loss of continuity sometimes seen in lines and stripes in a television picture.
- Can anyone explain why having one artist having one song with some strobing would ruin an entire weekend's viewing?
- The trio turned en masse to face down their author, faces bleached in the strobing.
- There are some major instances of strobing and chroma noise in clothing patterns, notably men's tweed hats and jackets.
2Jerkiness in what should be a smooth movement of an image on a screen.
- I tried to work out the image behind the strobing.
- Of course, the film's digital color processing and photographic strobing gives many scenes an oddly pixilated quality.
- Backgrounds show headache-inducing strobing and flickering.
Definition of strobing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.