- A game of golf in which the score is reckoned by counting the number of strokes taken overall, as opposed to the number of holes won. Also called medal play.More example sentences
- By waiving them, you waive the right to keep score in stroke play and to win the hole in match play.
- You're playing stroke play on a great golf course.
- And while the next group will appreciate your housekeeping, it'll cost you two strokes in stroke play or loss of the hole in match play.
More definitions of stroke playDefinition of stroke play in:
- The British & World English dictionary