- A specially fortified defensive position.More example sentences
- Defense requires the control of dominating heights, passes, and lines of communication by strongpoints.
- Vang Pao again captured the PDJ in July and established a network of artillery strongpoints, manned by Thai gunners.
- The push inland was also aided by a renewed short-range bombardment by Allied destroyers against enemy strongpoints.
More definitions of strongpointDefinition of strongpoint in:
- The British & World English dictionary