Definition of strongyloidiasis in English:
Infestation with threadworms of a type found in tropical and subtropical regions, chiefly affecting the small intestine and causing ulceration and diarrhea.
- The worms belong to the genus Strongyloides, class Phasmida, in particular S. stercoralis
- Examples include tiabendazole for strongyloidiasis, ivermectin for scabies, and quinolone ear drops for chronic otitis media.
- Thiabendazole has been the most commonly used anthelmintic for strongyloidiasis.
- Ivermectin has been used in humans to treat millions of cases of onchocerciasis, other filariases, and intestinal nematodal infections such as strongyloidiasis.
Definition of strongyloidiasis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan