1The cut stalks of grain plants left sticking out of the ground after the grain is harvested.
- The practice of burning stubble in the cereal region also increased soil exhaustion.
- These ancient communities of grayish and straw-yellow stone are as mellow as the fields of stubble after harvest.
- No-till planting into wheat stubble was the key to these excellent yields.
1.1Short, stiff hairs growing on a man’s face when he has not shaved for a while.
- She giggled when their noses touched and the short stubble of his facial hair tickled her face.
- He had short black hair and stubble, and was wearing a black cotton jacket with black trousers and white trainers.
- He is of medium build and has dark brown hair and stubble.
- Example sentences
- He may strut about full of stubbled swagger, but the guy is only 21 and still establishing himself as France's No 10.
- Beyond a stubbled field was the vast riverbed; then stark, pale, folded mountains.
- I suggest all you boys rush out there and try it - there's nothing like a prickly, stubbled cheek.
Words that rhyme with stubblebubble, double, Hubble, nubble, rubble, trouble
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.