Definition of stubble in English:
1The cut stalks of grain plants left sticking out of the ground after the grain is harvested.
- The practice of burning stubble in the cereal region also increased soil exhaustion.
- These ancient communities of grayish and straw-yellow stone are as mellow as the fields of stubble after harvest.
- No-till planting into wheat stubble was the key to these excellent yields.
1.1Short, stiff hairs growing on a man’s face when he has not shaved for a while.
- She giggled when their noses touched and the short stubble of his facial hair tickled her face.
- He had short black hair and stubble, and was wearing a black cotton jacket with black trousers and white trainers.
- He is of medium build and has dark brown hair and stubble.
- Example sentences
- He may strut about full of stubbled swagger, but the guy is only 21 and still establishing himself as France's No 10.
- Beyond a stubbled field was the vast riverbed; then stark, pale, folded mountains.
- I suggest all you boys rush out there and try it - there's nothing like a prickly, stubbled cheek.