Definition of stylometry in English:
The statistical analysis of variations in literary style between one writer or genre and another.
- Thanks for demonstrating that literary stylometry has progressed far beyond intuition and type-token ratios.
- Binongo's paper appeared in the spring issue of the journal Chance, in a special issue on stylometry - the science of measuring literary style.
- There will always be some authorship questions that stylometry can't touch.
- Example sentences
- He then subjected his hunches to rigorous stylometric testing, checking their diction against the 20,783 words known to have been written by James between 1858 and 1871.
- The Federalist Papers has long been a favorite testing ground for researchers trying out new stylometric methods.
- Test data sets were created from Project Gutenberg texts and a variety of stylometric features were counted.
Definition of stylometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia