The statistical analysis of variations in literary style between one writer or genre and another.
- Thanks for demonstrating that literary stylometry has progressed far beyond intuition and type-token ratios.
- Binongo's paper appeared in the spring issue of the journal Chance, in a special issue on stylometry - the science of measuring literary style.
- There will always be some authorship questions that stylometry can't touch.
- Example sentences
- He then subjected his hunches to rigorous stylometric testing, checking their diction against the 20,783 words known to have been written by James between 1858 and 1871.
- The Federalist Papers has long been a favorite testing ground for researchers trying out new stylometric methods.
- Test data sets were created from Project Gutenberg texts and a variety of stylometric features were counted.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of stylometry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.