- A stick of a styptic substance, used to treat small cuts.More example sentences
- Danny had acquired, among other things, a styptic pencil, some penny matches, a coat hanger, some city water, and a toothpick.
- He has previously shown signs of misanthropy and misogyny, which is expressed here in Dobel's folksy advice that ‘a styptic pencil carefully dried after every shave will last longer than most relationships’.
- Alum and styptic pencils can be purchased over the counter at drug stores in the first aid supply area.
More definitions of styptic pencilDefinition of styptic pencil in:
- The British & World English dictionary